Pizza brings people together! As the summer heat rises forcing you to enjoy the hopefully air conditioned indoors, gather your friends and family together and have a pizza party inside instead of a muggy summer barbeque! You can purchase or win all of the tools you need to have the best pizza party! With a trip to the grocery store and a few hands to help you could turn making pizzas into a summer tradition. First you will need ingredients. Here’s where this pizza party shopping list comes in handy.
- Shredded cheeses: Keep it simple and purchase a variety of your favorite shredded cheeses: Mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, feta.
- Vegetables: Choose from your favorites – banana peppers, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms (fresh), olives (black/green/kalamata), zucchini, asparagus, arugula, onions, tomatoes, basil
- Dough ingredients* see below!
- Salad toppings/lettuce – pair a pizza with a healthy salad to balance out the heavy dough
- An assortment of meats
Now that you have what you need to make the pizzas check out the tools you will need.
- Wooden spoon, Mixing bowl
- Electronic Mixer – not necessary but a KitchenAid mixer with dough hook would work wonderfully!
KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer Item value: $279.32 – try to win it for less on DealDash! Don’t forget the dough hook for amazing breads and pizza dough the first time!
- Pizza Stone – to bake a delicious and even pizza with a crispy crunch be sure to have a pizza stone in the oven
- Preheated oven or a pizza oven
*Recipe: One of my favorite recipes for pizza dough is this All-Purpose Pizza Dough recipe by Wolfgang Puck. Ingredients:
- 1 package
- active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup s
- warm water (105 to 115 degrees F.)
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoon s
- extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing the pizza crusts
- 3 cup s
- all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- For the methods and how to bake check out the full recipe at http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipes/pizza/All-Purpose-Pizza-Dough
Pizza Stone If you want a perfectly baked pizza every time that tastes like a brick oven pizza be sure to pick up a pizza stone like this Pizzacraft Round 16.5-inch Pizza Stone on an upcoming DealDash.com auction. Pizza stones ensure that your pizza bakes evenly and has a uniformly browned crust. Made of cordierite. Find out when you can score deals on a pizza stone on DealDash.com. Also from Pizzacraft and available on DealDash (be sure to get alerted to one these auctions will end), is this pizza peel! A pizza peel is the perfect way to transfer an uncooked pizza to the oven after preparing it.
Bake your pizza in a hot oven, or try this quick and easy pizza oven – the Newwave Stone Bake Pizza Oven in Matte Black from DealDash touts the ability to cook a fresh or frozen pizza quick and easy with broil and bake options. 10 minutes to back a frozen pizza of only 5 if it’s fresh. Wow, how’s that for fast food at home?!
So gather your friends/family and get in the kitchen! What’s fun about making pizzas is if you make the dough in advance and prep the toppings everyone can get involved and make their own personal pan pizzas!
You can save a ton of money on your equipment to make pizza too if you win any of these auctions on DealDash and remember, if you don’t win you can opt to “buy it now” for the retail price and get your bids back into your account.
What do you think? Are you going to throw a pizza party? Prefer crispy pizza to doughy crusts? Here’s a personal secret: get the oven really hot – 450 degrees then place an oven safe ramekin with water in the oven to boil. Believe me, it works!
Good luck and bon appetit pizza lovers!
Prefer to order in or go out for pizza? DealDash has deals on Pizza Hut and Buca diBeppo gift cards!