Memorial Day is tomorrow, are you ready for some great DealDash auctions and sales? Read on for more information.
Memorial Day is tomorrow!! Memorial Day is a day on which those who died in active military service are remembered. However, did you know that Memorial Day wasn’t always celebrated on the last Monday in May, but rather on May 30? No matter what day that Memorial Day is officially observed on, though, you know that there will be some amazing deals to be had on DealDash!
Memorial Day Facts
- Memorial Day didn’t become a Federal holiday until 1971.
- It is customary on Memorial Day to fly the flag at half-staff until noon, and then raise it to the top of the staff until sunset.
- Taps, the 24-note bugle call, is played at all military funerals and memorial services.
- The World War I poem “In Flanders Fields,” written by John McCrea, inspired the Memorial Day custom of wearing red artificial poppies.
- Memorial Day Weekend is huge for travel – 39.3 million people plan to travel over the holiday weekend this year.
- Speaking of travel, 88 percent of Memorial Day travelers will be getting to their destination by car this year.
- Although not as popular today, one Memorial Day tradition was to eat a picnic meal while sitting on the ground of a cemetery.
- Memorial Day also marks the beginning of the summer vacation season while Labor Day marks the end.
How Can You Get a Great Memorial Day Deal on DealDash?
The only way to get a great deal on a DealDash auction is to bid, of course! For today, Sunday, May 28th, the bids on DealDash are only .13!!! This is an excellent time to stock up on bids, however, it’s possible that the prices might go even lower tomorrow on actual Memorial Day – You’ll just have to wait and see!
There’s also an excellent DealDash promotion going on right now called “Free Auction Weekend.” This is a bit of a misnomer, though, if you win an auction you will be charged 1 penny. This 1 penny is a transaction fee and applies to all free wins.
Free auction weekends are a great time to get a deal because you can set as many BidBuddies as you like with the number of bids to reach the BIN (Buy It Now) price without having to worry that you will go over the value. Setting a BidBuddy is the only way that you’re going to win auctions with any regularity. The BidBuddy truly is your best buddy when it comes to DealDash auctions!
Thanks for Reading
I hope that you found this DealDash Tips article on Memorial Day helpful. DealDash has some great holiday promotions going on. Now go win some great auctions on DealDash! Visit DealDash now to see what’s up for bid. DealDash has everything you need. Don’t forget to tell your friends and family about DealDash! Good luck and happy bidding everyone!