When I first started shopping on this site several years ago DealDash.com only had about 250,000 customers, so it was fairly easy to win auctions. Now that DealDash has more than 18 million customers we have a lot more competition. Therefore, the more “winning tips” we know the better.
Many customers still get fantastic bargains every day. We just have to be in the right auctions at the right time to be one of them.
Here are some “winning tips” from me:
- Look at the “Winner’s List” to see which auctions have been selling for the fewest number of bids, and try bidding on those easy-to-win auctions.
- Choose the auction you want to win and check out the last 10 winners. Look at the highest number of bids it took to win that auction. Then place that many bids or more.
- Look at auctions that will soon close to all new bidders. If that auction has 30 qualified bidders or less, place your first bid before you get locked out.
- Look for auctions that are down to the last two players. Check to see how early the last two players joined the auction. If they both joined the auction near the beginning of the auction, they might both be soon running out of bids, and it might be a good auction to join.
- Look to see if you recognize any of the screen names. If you see an auction with one or more power players, it might not be a good idea to join that auction at that time.
- If you have your heart set on winning a particular item, be sure to place some bids on it every single time it goes up for auction. Most items that go up for auction will eventually sell for a bargain price. If you place a reasonable number of bids every time it goes up for auction, you will most likely be there when it sells at a bargain price.
Happy shopping everyone!
The opinions and advice here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company. This sponsored blog post was submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers. Barbara was compensated by DealDash for this blog post. Blog posts are written by real DealDash customers.