Do you compost? Composting is not only good for the environment, it helps you save money on your trash bills and will help you grow a bountiful garden or beautiful lawn! Composting is an easy way to add nutrients to soil. All you need is a composter and food scraps, banana peels, product, stems, everything you’d usually just throw out.
Check out these interesting facts from Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences:
- The average US. Household generates 650 lbs. of compostable materials each year.
- Over 60 percent of what we put in our landfills is organic waste, such as food scraps. Yard trimmings, and paper, much of which could be recycled by composting.
- Composting saves money. Families reduce their garbage collection bills and municipalities save money on transporting and disposing of waste when organic materials are eliminated from the collection system.
- Compost improves soil, adds important nutrients for plants, and reduces the need for expensive commercial fertilizers.
Where do you get a composter? Composters like this 50 gallon one from Koolscapes retails for over $150, but you can bid on one at DealDash.com on an upcoming auction and save tons of money in more ways than one!
Koolscapes 50 Gallon Sandstone Composter Contemporary 50 Gallon Composter is uniquely designed with the aesthetic elegance of authentic stone with the longevity of plasticMade with unique stone line appearance, Has a locking lid, Rear door for access to compost, Tea collection reservoir, Holes for Aeration, Screen for tea collection and drain for tea. – See more at: http://www.dealdash.com/battle.php?auction_id=2929399#sthash.aFtVIecm.dpuf
- Unique stone-look appearance
- Locking lid
- Rear door for access to compost
- Tea Collection Area
- Holes for Aeration
- Drain for “tea” collection.
DealDash offers deals on another type of Composting bin.
Exaco ThermoQuick® 110 Gallon Compost Bin
ThermoQuick® is the latest in easy to use compost bins and is made from 100% recycled plastics. Just tuck ThermoQuick® away in a corner and the Composter will perform its useful task composting vegetables, fruit and garden waste.With its dark color to absorb the sun’s heat and multiple well placed air slots it provides optimal composting conditions. Comes with complete composting instructions. Features removable access doors on all four sides, reinforced lid that opens straight up and stays up and comes with lid grabbers corner clips (two sets on each side panel) which keep the lid from blowing open. Made of copolymer based polypropylene to prevent cold weather cracking. Assembled dimensions 30″LX30″WX34″H. 14.7 cu.ft. 19 lbs.