Having high-quality knives in your kitchen is a must if you cook often. Here are some tips on getting nice knives from DealDash.
Having a high-quality knife is extremely important for a few reasons. Good knives that are extremely sharp not only make clean cuts, they also protect you from injuring yourself. One of the main reasons people cut themselves when they are cooking is that they are using a dull knife. When you use a dull knife you are more likely to use a sawing motion to try to cut through the meat, and therefore more likely to slip and slice yourself.
Another way to prevent an injury while using your knives is to use the right knife for the job. When you use a knife that is too small or too big for the food that you are trying to cut it makes things awkward and can lead to the knife slipping and cutting your finger. Here is a short list of knives from DealDash and their uses.
- Chef’s Knife – This knife is your everyday “go-to” knife. You use the Chef’s Knife for all of your basic preparation such as chopping, slicing and dicing, and mincing.
- Utility Knife – The Utility Knife is very similar to the Chef’s Knife, but the blade is a bit slimmer. This is a very useful knife to have around for everyday jobs such as slicing the meat off of a rotisserie chicken.
- Paring Knife – This little fella is a huge help in the kitchen with peeling off the skin of veggies, trimming, and slicing veggies up for a snack.
- Bread Knife – I’m pretty sure you can guess what this one is for! It’s also great for slicing tomatoes without bruising them.
- Santoku Knife – This knife is a hybrid between a Chef’s Knife and a meat cleaver. This knife is great for those difficult cuts of meat, slicing, and chopping.
- Carving Knife – This knife’s main job is to carve large cuts of meat such as your Thanksgiving turkey or ham.
- Steak Knife – Again, I’m pretty sure you can guess how these are used.
I hope that you found this blog from DealDash helpful. Please check out our sister blog DealDashreviewed.com, there is a new article posted every day. If you have any requests or suggestions for future blog articles please leave a comment down below.
DealDash has some very high-end quality knives imported from both France and Japan, as well as hand and stand mixers, juicers, food processors and blenders, pots & pans, toaster ovens, and other small appliances for your kitchen. Cooking is so much easier and more fun when you have quality knives and appliances to use. If you are in need of anything other kitchen supplies check out DealDash’s Kitchen & Appliances section. Visit DealDash now to save.