Jessica, a senior Customer Support agent at DealDash, has a YouTube video chat where she answers questions customers send in. One frequent question she gets is customers wanting to know how to win auctions when competing with other shoppers who appear to have more bidding power. One suggestion Jess made was shopping on different days and at different times of the day. Of course, any change a shopper makes could help.
However, from a long-time customer’s point of view, I think I know the best path to winning. Whenever I practice enough self-discipline to follow these procedures I usually win more auctions, so I decided to share them with you.
Rule No. 1
If you want to win more auctions, watch other customers who are winning the most auctions. You can go to the Winners’ list and see who is winning multiple auctions. You can also open various high-dollar auctions and see a list of screen names of shoppers who have already won those auctions. Write those screen names down. Then just watch them for a while. This is probably the best thing you can do because winners often learn from other winners what works and what doesn’t work.
When I watched frequent winners, some things I learned they have in common are:
- They often are willing to stay in an auction for a long time
- They develop a reputation of being tough competitors who seldom, if ever, stop;
- They diversify and often place bids in more than one identical auction.
Rule No. 2
Winning auctions on DealDash rarely happens by accident. Winning on a regular basis is more like a science. It is possible, however, to win auctions with a limited number of bids if we follow these procedures:
- Look for auctions that have the lowest number of active bidders and the least amount of competition;
- Become familiar with the screen names of tough competitors who frequently have an endless supply of bids. Avoid bidding in the same auctions. Look to see if these competitors have already won and are now blocked from competing. If their screen names show up in your auction later on, cancel your bids and look for another auction.
- When the auction gets down to the last three players, check the Winners’ List to see if any of them won a large bid pack within the last three hours. If we have 500 bids but another player just won 1,000 or more bids we cannot possibly win with that kind of competition. Therefore cancel your bids and find another auction.
Rule No. 3
When new bid packs are being high-lighted with offers of bonus bids that’s when the regular bid packs are most often ignored, and therefore, are easiest to win.
It can be a challenge to win all the time if you are on a bid budget. Therefore, you must rely on skill. That takes a lot more effort, but it pays off.
If you follow these rules, you just might find the best path to winning, too.
Have a great day and I’ll see you in the auctions!
This sponsored blog post was submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers. Barbara was compensated by DealDash for this blog post. Blog posts are written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.