Before grocery shopping, do you make a shopping list of all of the items you need? I do.
When shopping on DealDash.com we should do the same thing. If we have a list of all of the auction items we most want and need, we will be less likely to be distracted by other auction items we don’t really want or need.
Now that spring has arrived, we might need items to do yardwork outdoors. Perhaps we need a new lawn mower, a weed eater or pruning shears. A few years ago, I won a wonderful set of pruning shears and I still use them to cut back my rose bushes. We might also want other outdoor items, such as a metal detector or a new bicycle to get some exercise on nice-weather days.
Here’s what worked well for me:
- Look at the auction products that are up for auction, and make a list of the top five items we most want to win. I ask myself, “Do I really want or need this product?”
- Check those auctions to see which ones have the strongest competition, and if any of them have 30 shoppers or less, focus on those auctions first;
- See if the same product is listed more than once and check to see if any power bidders are competing in the auction. If you see the screen names of one or more power bidders, wait for the next auction;
- Check to see how many bids were used by previous winners to win this product, and make sure we have enough bids in our account to win the auction;
- Place some bids into BidBuddy at the beginning of the auction and save the bulk of our bids until the auction gets down to two or three players.
We should always make a shopping checklist to help keep us on track. Happy shopping!
This sponsored blog post was submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers. Barbara was compensated by DealDash for this blog post. Blog posts are written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.