A short time ago, I wrote about the large variety of sunglasses DealDash.com had to offer. Now I see several auctions featuring a wide variety of reading glasses and some of them come in sets of two – two pair of reading glasses and two pair of matching sunglasses.
This is the perfect time to shop for reading glasses on DealDash because they have so many with Buy-It-Now prices of $40, $80, $120 or $200. The frames also come in a wide variety of colors and styles.
Before we start shopping for reading glasses, however, we need to know what diopter means and why it’s important.
What is a diopter?
According to my research, a diopter is the unit of measurement used for an eye prescription. The focusing strength of your glasses or contacts is measured in diopters. In other words, diopters measure how powerful our prescriptions are. A higher prescription will have larger numbers, whereas a milder prescription will have smaller numbers. The higher the diopter we choose the closer to our eyes we will be able to focus.
For example, 2 diopters would be equivalent to ½ m or 20 inches. Reading glasses with a 3.00 diopter lens makes an object look 75 percent (times) larger, over and above what the unaided eye already sees.
Now let’s take a look at some of the reading glasses we might want to win or buy.
$40 reading glasses
Reading Glasses with a $40 BIN comes in Havana Red, Deep Red, Yellow/Blue, Brown Woodlike Finish and Transparent Orange. They come in rectangle and round shape and each have various diopters.
So far, some of the best deals shoppers received are:
- April 15, the 2.50 diopter Transparent Orange reading glasses sold at only 5 cents and the winner paid a total of 41 cents including the cost of the 2 bids placed:
- April 22, the 1.50 diopter Yellow/Blue reading glasses sold at only 34 cents and the winner paid a total of $2.23 including the cost of the 11 bids placed;
- April 22, the 3.00 diopter Brown Woodlike Finish reading glasses sold at 58 cents and the winner paid a total of $2.66 including the cost of the 13 bids placed; and
- April 22, the 2.50 diopter Deep Red reading glasses sold at $2.18 and the winner paid a total $3.62 including the cost of the 17 bids placed.
Sets of reading glasses with sunglasses
Both the $40 and $80 set of reading and sunglasses come in sets of two.
- April 20, a $40 set of 2.00 diopter reading glasses and sunglasses sold at only11 cents and the winner paid a total of 83 cents including the cost of the 4 bids placed.
- April 20, an $80 set of 3.00 diopter Black reading and sunglasses sold at $1.84 and the winner paid a total of $4.86 including the cost of the 22 bids placed.
$200 round reading glasses
The 1.50 diopter Round Striped Wood reading glasses with a BIN of $200.00 are not only stylish but this auction of reading glasses comes in a set of 5 pair. That’s truly awesome because we would then be able to gift a pair to other family members or friends and still keep a pair or two for ourselves.
So far, the best deal on these reading glasses was on April 22. The auction closed at $2.59 and the winner paid a total of $17.66 including the cost of the 87 bids placed.
The bottom line
If other shoppers can get such outstanding bargains on a pair of reading glasses, we could, too. In fact, I plan to shop for a pair today.
I’ll see you in the auctions. Happy shopping everyone!
This sponsored blog post was submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers. Barbara was compensated by DealDash for this blog post. Blog posts are written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.