Do you win DealDash.com auctions on purpose or do you win by pure luck?
You might think that’s a funny question, but wise players know that winning auctions with any consistency requires more than pure luck. It requires careful thought and strategy to put the odds of winning in your favor.
Regardless how well you plan, unexpected distractions (such as an important phone call) can result in lost auctions, which just happened to me. However, if you follow these rules, you will greatly improve your chances of winning:
- Set aside quiet time to bid when you are free from distractions
- Choose five or six auctions you would like to win and place at least one bid in each one so you do not get locked out
- Once the “No New Bidders” banner locks all other bidders out, double click on each auction and count the total number of bidders participating in each auction
- Narrow it down to the auctions with the highest retail value and fewest number of bidders
- Check to see if any of those auctions appears to be down to the last two or three serious bidders and see if you recognize any of them as power bidders
- Check the closing cost of the auctions the last nine times to see which one usually closed for the least amount of money
- Place the bulk of your bids on the auction you appear to have the best chance of winning based on the average closing cost and who the serious bidders are, but remain flexible
- If more players jump into your auction, while players drop out of one of the other auctions, cancel your bids in that auction and place them in the other auction instead.
By taking all of this into consideration, you just might win your next auction on purpose. Congratulations!
Submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers