After shopping at DealDash.com since Feb. 8, 2012, I’ve learned some important lessons that I wish someone had shared with me when I was a Newbie.
Below are some of the most important lessons I learned:
- Make a monthly budget. Decide how many bids you will buy for the month and how much money you can afford to spend. Write it down and stick with it.
- Before bidding, watch and learn to recognize the screen names of the power bidders. If you see one or more in the same auction, cancel your bids and wait until your product comes up for auction again.
- Only bid in auctions if the product is something you would go to a store to buy. It is so exciting and fun to play on DealDash that it is easy to get carried away and start bidding on items that we do not really need and will never use.
- Only bid in auctions you can afford to BIN (Buy-It-Now) at retail if you do not win. Then you will get all of your bids back free to use in another auction.
- Only bid in one or two auctions at the same time. Initially, it’s okay to put a bid on several auctions so you do not get locked out. Then watch and choose only one or two that you might have the best chance to win. If you place the bulk of your bids on only one or two auctions, you will have a much better chance of winning.
It is exciting and fun whenever we win, but we must remember to be responsible shoppers and not get too carried away. As long as we follow these five lessons, we will all have a happy and positive DealDash shopping experience.
Submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers