One of the best things about shopping on DealDash.com is that a lot of the money we spend is donated to good causes.
During DealDash’s Welcome 2021 sale, DealDash donated 1 meal for every purchase made. It is important to remember that the holidays are the season to give to others and help those in need. And throughout the years DealDash has to supported organizations like Firehouse Subs, the American Red Cross, and Disabled American Veterans.
Therefore, we can be proud to support a shopping site like this. In fact, DealDash really sets a good example of what each and every one of us should do, especially during the holiday season.
This is the time of year we should open our hearts, check books and wallets and make donations to help others in need. Some worthy charities we could donate to include:
- The states that were recently destroyed by multiple tornados. Many people lost their lives and homes. We can donate through the American Red Cross or directly to the KSR Tornado Relief Fund;
- St. Jude’s hospital, which provides free care for children with cancer.
Donate food or clothing
I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated if we would:
- Bring cookies, pies or cakes to an elderly or physically challenged people.
- Give food and clothing to homeless people.
I was told the greatest need homeless people now have is for socks to keep their feet warm. I’m sure extra coats and blankets may be needed, too.
Some DealDash customers opt to donate goods they buy on DealDash for a discount, and many times DealDash has matched these donations from excess inventory. For example these bundles of socks will make a great donation!
Donate time to give a helping hand
If we are not financially able donate to charity, we can still find other ways to help others. Here are some examples of what we could do to brighten the holidays for someone in need and make our world a better place one step at a time, in one way or another:
- Donate some of our time to an elderly person who lives alone. Sometimes just a friendly visit could mean the world to them;
- Help a sick or injured neighbor by doing some of their household chores for them;
- Shovel snow from the sidewalks and/or driveway of an elderly or physically challenged neighbor;
- Do grocery shopping for an elderly or injured person who has a difficult time getting around;
- Offer to read Christmas stories to people who are blind.
We do not have to look far to find someone in need. My mother often said, “What goes around comes around” and “What we reap, we sow.” When I was a child, I did not fully understand what that meant.
Now, as an adult, I learned that sometimes in the process of helping others we end up helping ourselves even more. Karma has a way of coming back to us.
My wish for 2022 is that we become more united by treating others the way we, ourselves, wish to be treated. Wouldn’t it be nice if we were all surrounded by angels on earth–neighbors helping neighbors and strangers helping strangers? If everyone did that, what a lovely world this would be.
Merry Christmas everyone!
This sponsored blog post was submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers. Barbara was compensated by DealDash for this blog post. Blog posts are written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.